If you need a quick and totally impressive appetizer, these Italian Meatball Stuffed Mushrooms are your answer! A little store bought help goes a long way!
I love apps. A whole meal consisting of all appetizers is totally up my alley. So when I heard about the Farm Rich Back Your Snack Contest, I knew it was something I had to try. What you have to do is use one #FarmRich frozen snack product plus one Walmart fresh item to make a snack or appetizer. You can get the details here…hurry and check it out, the contest starts August 1st.
Anyone can enter this contest – anyone – and you should all try because the prize is $10,000!
Let’s grab a skillet to start the filling! Add chopped onion and red pepper to the skillet and cook for about 5 minuets.
Then get a ton – I mean a TON – of fresh spinach, give it a rough chop and add it to the skillet. You’re going to need about 6 packed cups of spinach, and yes it’s going to seem like a lot but it cooks down to nothing.
Add the meatballs to the skillet and stir together with the filling to combine. Remove the pan from the heat and get your mushrooms ready for stuffing!
Here’s the thing about mushrooms. I’m a mushroom washer. I know you’re not “supposed” to because they say it does something horrible to the mushrooms but I really don’t find that it ever does. And it’s a heck of a lot quicker than trying to “brush” the dirt of all those mushrooms with a towel.
Totally up to you.
Snap the stems of and get them on a baking sheet.
Now that the filling has cooled a little, add in grated parmesan cheese and the cream cheese. Stir it all together and start filling your mushrooms…
Drizzle a little olive oil over the mushrooms and get them in the oven. They’ll only need about 15-20 minutes to get the filling warmed through and the mushrooms nice and soft.
Total knock out flavor here – the Farm Rich Italian Style Meatballs are perfectly seasoned already, then combined with the fresh spinach and cheeses – you really can’t go wrong. This is definitely an appetizer that will impress your friends and family…and go ahead…let them think that you spend hours in the kitchen cooking. I’ll won’t tell!
This stuffed mushroom recipe is such an easy appetizer to make with a little help from the store! These meatball stuffed mushrooms are also a low carb recipe too!
- (1) 24 oz. package white button mushrooms, cleaned and stems removed
- 14 oz. bag Italian style frozen meatballs
- 6 packed cups baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese, plus 2 tablespoons for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Bake 1/2 of the package of the meatballs according to the package directions and set aside to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add in the onion and red pepper and cook for five minutes, stirring, until softened.
- Add the chopped spinach to the skillet, along with the salt, pepper and garlic powder. Stir and cook for another 3-4 minutes until the spinach has cooked down.
- Place the meatballs in the skillet and stir to combine with the filling. Remove from the heat to let cool for five minutes. After the filling has cooled you can add the cream cheese and the parmesan cheese to the skillet and stir.
- Put your mushrooms on a baking sheet and start stuffing with about a tablespoon of the filling.
- Drizzle the tops of the mushrooms with olive oil and bake for 15-20 minutes until the mushrooms have browned and the filling is bubbling.
- Garnish with the extra 2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese.
Keywords: stuffed mushrooms, stuffed mushroom recipe, crab stuffed mushrooms, easy appetizers, mushroom recipes