I was trying to think of a twist on a buffalo wing- everyone’s favorite football snack- and I think these Buffalo Chicken Bites have it all.
Not only do you get the buffalo wing taste, but the addition of cheese, and everything is better with cheese.
And, yes, they’re also fried. Because everything is better fried, too.
These buffalo chicken bites will not only blow away your company, but they are also very easy to make.
You can roast some chicken in the oven yourself…
Or pick up a rotisserie chicken at the grocery store and start shredding it up- which is what I did, because it’s much easier.
So all you do is put your shredded chicken, the hot sauce, black pepper, cheese and some scallions in a bowl and mix it all up.
Then you roll the mixture into a ball about the size of a golf ball.
They’ll look like this…
Next you’re going to set up a standard breading station, flour, eggs and bread crumbs.
I feel like I’ve gone over frying a lot…but this is the Super Bowl, we want our food done right.
Fry up your chicken bites in 350 degree oil for about 3 to 4 minutes per batch.
And they come out golden and crispy-
Just like this.
I’ve got to tell you, if you make anything for Super Bowl Sunday, or any party you might be having, make these.
Your friends will definitely thank you for it.
- 1 store bought rotisserie chicken
- 1/4 cup hot sauce
- 1 t. ground black pepper
- 1 3/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1.4 c. scallions, chopped
- 1 c. flour
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 c. panko bread crumbs
- vegetable oil for frying
- Ranch or Blue Cheese dressing for dipping
- Heat a large pot filled half way with oil to 350 degrees.
- Pick the meat from the chicken and discard the skin. Shred the chicken and place into a large bowl. Add in the hot sauce, scallions, pepper and cheese and toss to combine.
- Form into balls the size of a golf ball and set aside.
- Roll each ball into the flour, egg then the bread crumbs.
- When the oil has reached 350, fry the chicken in batches for about 3-4 minutes until they are golden brown.
- Set aside to drain on paper towels.
- Serve with dressing of your choice on the side and carrots or celery sticks.