Pizza Sticks are a fun twist on pizza night! Add your favorite pizza toppings or have a pizza toppings bar to customize your own!
Panini Pizza Sticks Recipe
So if you guys are anything like us, we’ve got all these gadgets around our house that we use when we first get them and then they get shoved away in a cabinet somewhere and we forget about them.
There are definitely things that we use all the time like our mandoline slicer, the blender (smoothies every day) and the food processor. We don’t often break out our panini maker, but we do when we want to make these Pizza Sticks!
It makes awesome sandwiches (cubans anyone?) but we just don’t remember to use it as often as we would like to.
How To Make Panini Pizza Sticks
We grabbed sausage and mushrooms for our filling, and of course mozzarella cheese, but you can use whatever pizza toppings you like.
Here’s the basic idea: roll out a tube of pizza dough just a little and cut into (2) 6″x10″ rectangles. So you’ll have a bottom and a top. One tube of dough makes one recipe, but you’ll get about 12 large breadsticks from each batch.
Lay the dough on the panini press and then top with a layer of cheese, then your toppings, then another layer of cheese.
Place the other rectangle of dough on top and press down. We cooked ours for about 4 minutes and then flipped it over to cook for another 4 minutes on the other side.
For some reason our panini press cooks the top a lot faster than the bottom so by doing it this way one side didn’t end up well, burnt…and the other side too light.
Don’t worry, it’s really easy to flip over once the dough starts to cook and get crispy.
Take it out and set it on a board and let it cool. And total props to you if you can wait for it to cool 5 minutes before cutting into it.
We couldn’t wait so our were a little messy. But after about 5, cut into strips and serve with marinara sauce for dipping.
Just get yourself ready for the best pizza sticks you’ve every eaten. Your kids will clean their plates at dinner…your friends will buy you beer for bringing this over for Monday night football…trust me, it’s a winner.
Looking For More Fun Dinner Ideas?
- Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Dry Rub BBQ Chicken Wings
- Philly Cheesesteak Fried Rice
- Easy Homemade Spaghettios
These fun Pizza Sticks can be served for appetizers or dinner! Set out all your favorite pizza toppings so everyone can make their own!
- 1 tube refrigerated pizza dough (13.8 ounce)
- 1/2 lb. Italian sausage, casings removed
- 10 oz. package mushrooms
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- Preheat a panini press to 350 degrees.
- Cook the mushrooms in a tablespoon of butter with 1 teaspoon of salt in a large skillet until browned and set aside.
- In the same pan add the sausage, breaking up with a spoon until browned and set aside.
- Roll out the pizza dough slightly until you get a large rectangle, then cut in half.
- Spray the panini press with cooking spray and lay one half of the rectangle on the bottom of the panini press. Top with half of the mozzarella cheese, the sausage, mushrooms and then ending with the other half of cheese. Top with the other half of the dough and press down with the top of the panini press.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes until browned on the bottom and then carefully flip over with a spatula and press down again.
- Cook another 4-5 minutes on the second side until brown and carefully remove to a cutting board.
- Let cool for 5 minutes, then cut into 2 inch strips and serve with marinara sauce for dipping.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Panini Press
- Cuisine: American