These Jalapeño Turkey Burgers get a kick of heat from pickled jalapeños! Super juicy, mildly spicy burgers, dripping with pepper jack cheese!
We started this burger recipe with the base recipe for our juicy Turkey Burgers, then added pickled jalapeños and pepper jack cheese! Not as spicy as you’d think, and also you can leave the jalapeños off the top of the burger to lessen the spice. Or if spicy isn’t your thing, try our Caramelized Onion Turkey Burgers instead!
Homemade Turkey Burger Recipe
Turkey burgers that are juicy and flavorful are really the key to liking a burger made from ground turkey. If not made properly, turkey burgers can be really dried out and have zero flavor, which makes people think that they don’t like turkey burgers. But the reality is they just haven’t tried this Jalapeño Turkey Burger recipe.
Don’t buy frozen turkey burger patties from the store, I can guarantee you that they won’t have much flavor at all. Start with our simple homemade turkey burger patties and then add a few pickled jalapeños and you’re on your way to the best turkey burger ever.
Ingredients For These Jalapeño Turkey Burgers
- Ground Turkey
- Pickled Jalapeños
- Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder
- Pepper Jack Cheese
So not a ton of ingredients, and believe me, once you bite into this burger it’ll all be worth it. The turkey patties are so moist that you hardly need any condiments at all. But please feel free to add what you like on this burger.
We kept it simple with lettuce but you could add mayonnaise, mustard, ketchup, BBQ sauce or any condiment that you like!
How To Make This Turkey Burger Recipe
Start off by making the turkey patties, then you can assemble on buns and top as you like! If you need to make a lot of these turkey burgers, you can make the patties and keep them warm in the oven until you’re ready to eat!
- Add the ingredients for the turkey burgers into a bowl and mix together.
- Form the turkey mixture into patties about 4-5 ounces each.
- Heat a skillet or griddle over medium heat and spray with cooking spray or olive oil, then cook the patties for 5 minutes on each side until no pink remains in the center.
- During the last minute of cooking, add the cheese to each patty and let melt. Covering with a loose layer of foil or a lid will help the cheese melt.
- Add the patties to your bun of choice and top with desired condiments or toppings.
How To Keep Moist Turkey Burger Patties From Falling Apart
This is a question we know gets asked a lot. Ground turkey is a much wetter meat than ground beef, which is why a lot of turkey burger recipes call for adding bread crumbs to the mixture.
Well I can tell you that there’s no breadcrumbs in our turkey burger recipe! I don’t know, mixing bread crumbs into a meat mixture just reminds mea more of a meatloaf recipe. Which this is not.
So how do you keep these turkey burgers together? The mayonnaise and the eggs will help to bind the ground turkey together. The other tip is just to not handle them so much. Spray your hands with non-stick cooking spray and then get in there and grab some of the turkey mixture.
Form the mixture into patties and then get them right into your hot skillet or griddle. You can almost form them a little more once they are in the skillet if you’re concerned about making then look pretty, but once they cook for a few minutes on one side they’ll be easy enough to flip without coming apart.
How To Store Leftover Turkey Burgers
Meal prepping is big at our house, which is why we make a lot of these burgers and save them for a quick lunch or dinner during the week! All you need to do is wrap them in aluminum foil or place them in a container and keep them in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Our usually don’t last that long but if you want to big batch these turkey burgers then plan on getting through them in about that time.
Can I Freeze Turkey Burger Patties?
Yes! So do make as many as you please…we love having these tasty patties on hand whenever we need a fix. Simply thaw them out in the refrigerator and then you can reheat them in a skillet or the oven. Even the microwave will work, too!
What Can I Serve With These Turkey Burgers?
- Shoestring French Fries
- Homemade Caesar Salad
- Twice Baked Potato Casserole
- 15 Minute Creamed Corn with Bacon
- Bacon Cheddar Zucchini Cakes
- Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad
- Classic Potato Salad
- Buddha’s Loaded Baked Beans
- Sheet Pan Loaded Brussels Sprouts
Jalapeño Turkey Burgers
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 6 Servings 1x
These super flavorful, super juicy turkey burgers are better than a restaurant! Mildly spicy from pickled jalapeños, you can make these burgers as hot as you like, or tam them down for the kids!
- 2 pounds ground turkey, 93% lean
- 1 1/2– 2 teaspoons salt, depending on your taste (we use 2 teaspoons)
- 1 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons grated onion with juice
- 1/2 cup finely diced pickled jalapeños
- cook on griddle 5 minutes each side 5-6 ounce patties
- Poppy seed buns, or your bun of choice
- Pepper jack cheese and more pickled jalapeños for topping
- Add the ground turkey, salt, pepper, oregano, mayonnaise, eggs, onion and diced jalapeños to a bowl. Mix together and form into 6 patties about 4-5 ounces each.
- Heat a griddle or large skillet over medium heat and spray with cooking spray or add a thin layer of oil to the pan. Cook the turkey burgers for 5 minutes on each side until no pink remains in the center.
- During the last minute of cooking, add the cheese to each patty. To help the cheese melt you can cover the skillet with a lid or a loose layer of foil.
- Add the turkey burgers to buns and top with desired toppings.
Keep the turkey patties warm in a 300 degree oven for up to an hour before serving.
If freezing these turkey burgers, don’t add the cheese and let the patties cool completely. Then wrap each patty in plastic wrap and add to a resealable bag and place in the freezer for up to 3 months.
To reheat frozen turkey burgers, let thaw completely in the refrigerator and then reheat in the microwave or a 350 degree oven until warmed through.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: turkey burger recipe, turkey burgers, recipes with ground turkey, dinner ideas, jalapeño burgers