These super flavorful, super juicy turkey burgers are better than a restaurant! Mildly spicy from pickled jalapeños, you can make these burgers as hot as you like, or tam them down for the kids!
- 2 pounds ground turkey, 93% lean
- 1 1/2– 2 teaspoons salt, depending on your taste (we use 2 teaspoons)
- 1 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons grated onion with juice
- 1/2 cup finely diced pickled jalapeños
- cook on griddle 5 minutes each side 5-6 ounce patties
- Poppy seed buns, or your bun of choice
- Pepper jack cheese and more pickled jalapeños for topping
- Add the ground turkey, salt, pepper, oregano, mayonnaise, eggs, onion and diced jalapeños to a bowl. Mix together and form into 6 patties about 4-5 ounces each.
- Heat a griddle or large skillet over medium heat and spray with cooking spray or add a thin layer of oil to the pan. Cook the turkey burgers for 5 minutes on each side until no pink remains in the center.
- During the last minute of cooking, add the cheese to each patty. To help the cheese melt you can cover the skillet with a lid or a loose layer of foil.
- Add the turkey burgers to buns and top with desired toppings.
Keep the turkey patties warm in a 300 degree oven for up to an hour before serving.
If freezing these turkey burgers, don’t add the cheese and let the patties cool completely. Then wrap each patty in plastic wrap and add to a resealable bag and place in the freezer for up to 3 months.
To reheat frozen turkey burgers, let thaw completely in the refrigerator and then reheat in the microwave or a 350 degree oven until warmed through.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: turkey burger recipe, turkey burgers, recipes with ground turkey, dinner ideas, jalapeño burgers