Boozy Fireball Whisky Apple Pies are going to be a big hit at your next party! You can make this apple pie recipe in a large dish, too!
Can I Use Store Bought Pie Crust To Make These Fireball Whisky Apple Pies?
Store bought pie crust. Yes. I’m not making pie crust from scratch. Pillsbury does just fine all on its own.
I will make the filling though. It’s pretty easy to chop up some apples and cook them down with a little sugar, flour and yep – Fireball.
How Much Alcohol Is In This Apple Pie Recipe?
If I’m making a boozy dessert I can tell you there’s got to be more than 1 tablespoon of booze in the recipe. It’s really annoying when you find a boozy recipe…then look through the ingredients and they telling you to add a tablespoon of liquor. Who’s going to even taste a tablespoon of anything put into a recipe?
So we’re going to get as much Fireball into these Fireball Whisky Apple Pies as possible.
I like to chop the apples up kind of small since we’re making smaller apple pies instead of one big one. Add those chopped apples to a pot with sugar, applesauce, nutmeg, cinnamon and butter. Cook down for 15 minutes then add your Fireball.
Taste, repeat, try not to keep repeating and let cool.
I used this Pie Mold that you cab grab on Amazon but you can cut these into any shape you want to. Triangles, circles, whatever. You can take the filling and make one big pie if you want to. This is your party, I’m just here to help.
When these boozy pies come out of the oven, cover the tops with a mixture of cinnamon and sugar, just to kick up the Fireball flavors a little more.
Now let them sit on cooling rack until you’re ready for them. Stay calm – have a couple shots of Fireball and try not to eat them all before it’s party time.
Looking For More Dessert Recipes For Parties?Print
Makes (4) 4″ pies
- 2 packages of pre-made pie crust (2 pie sheets per package)
- 8 granny smith apples, peeled and chopped into a small dice
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup of white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 ounces Fireball Whisky
- 2 Tablespoons flour
For the topping
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large pot, add the diced apples, both sugars, butter, applesauce, nutmeg, cinnamon and salt.
- Stir together and cook down for 15 minutes until the apples are soft.
- Stir in the flour and let the sauce thicken for a minute.
- Pour in the Fireball Whisky, stir and cook a minute more.
- Transfer the filling to a bowl to cool.
- Roll out one sheet of pie dough slightly, until it’s about 1/8″ thick.
- If using a pie mold, cut four circles into the dough and place them inside your molds. Repeat with the second sheet of pie dough, so you have 8 rounds total.
- Fill the mold with about 1/2 cup of the filling and press together to seal, repeat to make 4 pies total.
- Brush the tops with egg wash and place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the tops are golden.
- Immediately after you take them out of the oven, sprinkle the tops with a mixture of the cinnamon and sugar.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: dessert recipes, apple pie recipes, boozy desserts, fireball whiskey recipes, recipes made with fireball