Makes (4) 4″ pies
- 2 packages of pre-made pie crust (2 pie sheets per package)
- 8 granny smith apples, peeled and chopped into a small dice
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup of white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 ounces Fireball Whisky
- 2 Tablespoons flour
For the topping
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large pot, add the diced apples, both sugars, butter, applesauce, nutmeg, cinnamon and salt.
- Stir together and cook down for 15 minutes until the apples are soft.
- Stir in the flour and let the sauce thicken for a minute.
- Pour in the Fireball Whisky, stir and cook a minute more.
- Transfer the filling to a bowl to cool.
- Roll out one sheet of pie dough slightly, until it’s about 1/8″ thick.
- If using a pie mold, cut four circles into the dough and place them inside your molds. Repeat with the second sheet of pie dough, so you have 8 rounds total.
- Fill the mold with about 1/2 cup of the filling and press together to seal, repeat to make 4 pies total.
- Brush the tops with egg wash and place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the tops are golden.
- Immediately after you take them out of the oven, sprinkle the tops with a mixture of the cinnamon and sugar.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: dessert recipes, apple pie recipes, boozy desserts, fireball whiskey recipes, recipes made with fireball