However you want to serve this, as an appetizer or just for dinner, this Cheesy Artichoke Bread is going to be a hit at the dinner table!
So why not marinated artichoke hearts on a loaf of ciabatta bread covered in cheese? Yep. I’m in.
The wife and I were going back and forth on this, if we should make it a “dinner” recipe or an “appetizer recipe. Then we decided not to care and let you guys decide.
Then I suggested that we could make this bread as a “Meatless Monday” option! ‘Cause if I’m not getting meat for dinner, then I definitely want something covered in cheese.
Quick, easy, and tasty. Here’s what I did…
First, I put some olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder on each half and stuck it under the broiler for a couple of minutes to crisp it up so the bread doesn’t get soggy after you add the ingredients on top.
Then I chopped up the fresh herbs and mixed them together in a bowl with the chopped up marinated artichoke hearts. Layered the artichoke mixture onto each half of the ciabatta bread, covering it all up good.
And a little parmesan cheese never hurts…
Then put on some sliced tomato and top it all with shredded mozzarella cheese. We used Cabot shredded mozzarella for our Cheesy Artichoke Bread, it melts really well and I like the flavor the better than a lot of other shredded cheese.
Now just throw it under your broiler or bake it in the oven for a few minutes and you’ve got a delicious, cheesy bread dinner.
Or an app. Your call.
Looking For More Appetizer Recipes?
- Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- Homemade Pico de Gallo
- Cheesy Mexican Garlic Bread
- Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings
This super cheesy, vegetable stuffed garlic bread will have them begging for the recipe!
- 1 1/2 cups marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 large tomato, sliced thin
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 large loaf of ciabatta bread
- Preheat the broiler.
- Cut the loaf of ciabatta in half lengthwise and place the two halves cut side up on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle the bread with a little olive oil and season with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Place under the broiler for 2 minutes, just until the bread gets crispy. Take out and let cool.
- Add the basil, parsley and artichokes to a small bowl and mix together.
- Divide the artichoke mixture in half and spread onto each half of the bread.
- Add the parmesan cheese to each half of the bread evenly, then layer the sliced tomato onto each half of the bread and top with mozzarella cheese.
- Place back under the broiler for 4-5 minutes until the cheese is melted and slightly browned.
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cheesy garlic bread, appetizer recipe, artichoke recipes