These Bourbon Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies are the ultimate guy food! Not to say that anyone can’t enjoy this cookie recipe, because they are so good!
I am definitely not a baker -maybe you’re not either -but I promise you, you’ll want to make these Bourbon-Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies.
But like I said in my post about the Bourbon Tasting Party– I needed to give the guys something after all that booze that was going on. There were plenty of great appetizers and sandwiches (you totally need to overfeed the people when having a bourbon tasting) I know at least that much. I just felt like there needed to be that one last course…dessert.
So what did I do? I made desserts filled with bourbon. That’s the kind of friend I am.
I made these Bourbon-Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies and also Whiskey Spiced Cupcakes. The cookies seemed to be the winner of the dessert round, so I will post the recipe for you in case you want to make them for your Bourbon Tasting party.
Baking is definitely not my thing so I enlisted the help of my wife for this one. I did cook the bacon though…3/4 of a pound of bacon goes into these cookies! It was a little alarming at first so I almost didn’t put in the whole amount but if you do make them, make sure that you do put it all in because they turned out awesome.
We definitely needed some food and tasty treats like these cookies to soak up all that bourbon!
Looking For More Boozy Dessert Recipes?Print
These bourbon flavored chocolate chip cookies are the ultimate guy food!
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 3/4 lb. bacon, cooked an cut into 1” dice
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 8 ounces chocolate chips
- In a large skillet pan, cook the diced bacon until crisp. Strain the fat through a fine mesh strainer and chill in the until fat turns partially solid and is set.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a small bowl.
- Beat together the butter, granulated sugar light and dark brown sugars, vanilla and bourbon in a large bowl. Beat for 5 minutes.
- Add in the eggs one at a time then add in the flour mixture in small batches.
- Stir in the bacon pieces by hand and then add the chocolate.
- Drop by large Tablespoon onto a parchment lined baking sheet and cook for 10-11 minutes.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cookies, cookie recipe, chocolate chip cookies, bourbon cookies, dessert recipes