This Apple Cider Mojito is our twist on a classic drink recipe! We added crisp apple cider and apple brandy along with fresh apples and flavorful garnishes!
If you love Fall flavored drinks like this one, also check out our Apple Cider Mimosas for brunch or happy hour! Or if you’re looking to warm things up, this Spiked Apple Cider recipe is made in a slow cooker so you can sip on it all night!
What Is A Mojito?
A Mojito is a rum cocktail made with fresh mint, lime and sugar which gets topped off with plain seltzer. Instead of straight sugar, classic recipes call for simple syrup which is sugar and water that’s been heated until the sugar granules dissolve.
This way you just get a sweet flavor addition to your drink without the gritty texture of any sugar that hasn’t dissolved.
Ingredients You’ll Need
I’m always looking for more ways to use apple cider in the Fall. We always seem to buy it in gallons, no one asking if we’re out, always one of us just picking up more when we see it.
When the cider gets to be too much in the fridge though, I turn to cocktails. This Apple Cider Mojito is my latest cocktail that I made for Food Fanatic that I know you’re going to love!
- Light Rum: Use any brand of white rum that you like.
- Apple Brandy: There’s lots of different types of apple brandy on the shelves, try and pick one that doesn’t have a very high sugar content.
- Apple Cider: If you can’t find apple cider or it isn’t in season at the moment, use an unfiltered apple juice instead.
- Seltzer: We stick with plain, unflavored seltzer but if you have an apple seltzer or a lime seltzer that would be delicious too!
How Do You Make An Apple Cider Mojito?
Because this is our fall twist on a mojito recipe, we’re changing up a couple of things. First of all we’re not adding sugar or simple syrup because the apple cider is sweet enough on its own.
Usually you muddle the mint leaves with sugar and lime in the bottom of a mug but for this mojito recipe we’re going to skip that too. The mint isn’t our prominent flavor in this mojito so just adding it as garnish is good enough for the flavor. Muddling the mint and having pieces of mint going all through the cocktail will make for a stronger mint feel to this drink.
So all you need to do for this recipe is add the cider, rum and brandy to a glass or mug over ice. Stir and top with seltzer! Don’t forget to add the garnish though because it does add a ton of aroma and flavor to this Apple Cider Mojito!
Looking For More Fall Cocktail Recipes?
We’ve got so many drink recipes to choose from here but we’ll gather up a few of our favorite apple flavored drinks and list them for you below!
- Sparkling Fireball Apple Sangria
- Crownberry Apple Cocktail
- Salted Caramel Apple Shots
- Cold Cidertini
This twist on a mojito recipe has all the fall flavors you love! Don’t forget to add the garnish because it adds so much flavor!
- 1 1/2 ounces light rum
- 3/4 ounce apple brandy
- 4 ounces apple cider
- Seltzer or topping
- For Garnish:
- Apple Slices
- Cinnamon Sticks
- Star Anise
- Fresh Mint
- Add the rum, brandy and cider to a mug filled with ice. Stir then top with seltzer.
- Garnish with apple slices, cinnamon sticks, star anise and fresh mint leaves.
- Category: Cocktails
- Method: Stir
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mojito recipe, apple cider cocktails, brandy, rum, happy hour drinks, drink recipes, fall drink recipes