This Apple Cider Margarita is the perfect way to enjoy a classic Summer cocktail in the Fall! Tequila and apple cider pair together wonderfully in this sweet but tart cocktail.
Why We Love This Apple Cider Margarita Recipe
Not that I think you need to wait until summer time to have a nice, cold margarita. I’m up for a good margarita pretty much any time of the year. Especially if Mexican food like tacos are on the menu.
We’re starting with a fresh, crisp apple cider instead of lime juice. Swapping out the triple sec or Grand Marnier with apple liquor. But what’s staying the same in this cocktail?
Well, the tequila of course. I like to use a reposado tequila for this drink, something light and not too expensive. Not too expensive because you’ll be making a TON of these Apple Cider Margaritas.
The flavor is so crisp and refreshing you’ll want more than just one, I can promise you that. And now for the drumroll…You can serve this cocktail up ice cold – or warm.
This Apple Cider Margarita is sweet, tart and refreshing all at once. It’s like sipping on a taste of the season, perfect for those warm fall days.
- Easy To Make: This margarita recipe is so easy to make, making it perfect for quick happy hours or parties.
- Affordable Ingredients: You don’t have to use expensive tequila in this margarita recipe. A good quality reposado will work just fine. The apple liquor is a bit pricier, however you only need 3/4 of an ounce for this recipe, so the bottle will last you a long time.
- Festive & Fun: You can’t get much more party worthy than this apple cider drink! The garnish and cinnamon sugar rim elevate the flavor and appearance.
Ingredients You’ll Need For This Margarita Recipe
- Apple Cider: Not apple juice, apple cider. Apple cider can be found mostly year round at the grocery store. If you can’t get apple cider, unfiltered apple juice would be the next best option.
- Tequila: Reposado tequila or a white or blanco tequila.
- Apple Liquor: You might not have tried this before, but believe me when I tell you that this stuff is extremely tasty.
- Lemon Juice: Instead of lime juice we’re using lemon juice, use fresh.
- Cinnamon and Sugar: Mix 1/4 cup of granulated sugar with 1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon to rim the glass.
How To Serve An Apple Cider Margarita
After photographing this drink more than a few times, we left it all out on the counter and moved on to other things. Later when we went back to clean up the drink was at room temperature, but we still had to take a few sips…and then a few more.
After realizing it was so good at room temperature too, we stuck it in the microwave for a minute. And it was amazing…so make this Apple Cider Margarita in big batches, even warm it up in your slow cooker for parties.
The only problem? Deciding which way you want to drink this, hot or cold. I vote for cold, cider is a cold drink for me. Christie’s vote was for hot. So just like I said, this Apple Cider Margarita recipe is the best of both worlds!
Don’t forget the apple and lemon garnish on top, especially if you’re serving these drinks for a party.
This is our latest cocktail we mixed up for our friends over at Food Fanatic! Definitely head over and check out all the other incredible food and cocktail recipes they have over there!
Looking For More Tequila Drinks?Print
This Apple Cider Margarita is crisp, tart and sweet and super refreshing. Tequila and apple cider pair wonderfully together in this tasty fall drink.
To Rim The Glass:
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
For The Margarita:
- 8 ounces apple cider
- 3/4 ounce apple liquor
- 2 ounces tequila
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Apple slices, lemon wedges and cinnamon sticks for garnish
- Rim the glass by wetting the edge of a mason jar or high ball glass. Pour the sugar onto a small plate and mix with the cinnamon. Spread the cinnamon sugar in an even layer and then dip the rim of the glass in and swirl to coat.
- Add all the margarita ingredients to a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake well and strain into the rimmed glass.
- Garnish with apple slices, lemon wedges and a cinnamon stick.
- Category: Cocktails
- Method: Shake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mantitlement, apple cider margarita, tequil drinks, tequila cocktails, margarita recipes, apple cider drinks, fall cocktails