Enjoy the delicious, roasted, sweet flavor of this Air Fryer Roasted Garlic in half the time! The air fryer cooks the garlic to perfection in minutes, locking in all the flavor and aroma. The result is a nutty and sweet garlic that can be used in a variety of dishes or simply spread on toast or crackers!
Air Fryer Roasted Garlic
Make roasted garlic in half the time using your air fryer! This Air Fryer Roasted Garlic recipe turns out just as good as cooking it in the oven. Sweet, nutty, spreadable cloves of garlic that can be used as a spread on crackers or toast, or in many different recipes.
Another reason that we like using our air fryer for this recipe is that you don’t have to heat up your whole oven just to roast some garlic. The flavor is just as delicious and honestly it couldn’t be easier to make.
How To Make Roasted Garlic In The Air Fryer
- Start by cutting the top third off of your heads of garlic. Each clove of garlic needs to be exposed for the garlic to roast properly. BONUS: This recipe works for one head of garlic or up to as many heads of garlic that will fit in your air fryer.
- Place each head of garlic in a piece of foil and season generously with salt and pepper. Drizzle olive oil over the garlic, making sure all the exposed garlic cloves are topped with oil.
- Wrap each head of garlic up tightly and place into your air fryer at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Let the garlic sit, wrapped, in the air fryer for 5 minutes after cooking, then unwrap the heads of garlic and let cool.
- If your garlic isn’t as soft as you want it to be, wrap it back up and cook it for another 5 minutes in the air fryer until it’s toasty, nutty and soft just like ours here.
- Once the garlic has cooled you can squeeze out the cloves and use it on anything you like!
What Can I Make With Roasted Garlic?
Air Fryer Roasted Garlic can be used in SO many different recipes, it’s almost too much to list. Our favorite way to use this roasted garlic is to spread it on buttered toast, or toast points drizzled with olive oil and salt and pepper.
You can also use roasted garlic in salad dressings, as a spread on sandwiches, in pasta sauces and in so many different dinner recipes. Basically, just about any recipe that calls for garlic you can swap out this air fryer roasted garlic in.
Blending roasted garlic into mashed potatoes is also supreme. If you’ve never tried that, it’s a must.
How Long Does Roasted Garlic Last In The Fridge?
Roasted garlic will last up to a week in the refrigerator, so go ahead and make a few bulbs to add into your soups and pastas and sandwiches.
You can either squeeze out the cloves or garlic or just add the whole roasted garlic head into an air tight container. Sometimes it’s recommended to cover the cloves in olive oil but we really don’t find that to be necessary.
Do make sure that your container has a tight fitting lid so that your refrigerator doesn’t end up smelling like garlic!
Looking For More Air Fryer Recipes?
- Air Fryer Baked Potato
- Air Fryer Mozzarella Sticks
- Air Fryer Salmon (from frozen!)
- Air Fryer Chicken Tacos
- Air Fryer Baby Potatoes
Air Fryer Roasted Garlic
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
Air Fryer Roasted Garlic is done in half the time! Creamy, nutty roasted garlic that can be used as a spread or in many different recipes!
- 2 heads of garlic (or up to as many as your air fryer holds)
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt and fresh black pepper
- Heavy duty aluminum foil
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees if needed.
- Cut the top third off of the heads of garlic, discarding the tops. Make sure the all the cloves of garlic are exposed so that they roast properly.
- Place each head of garlic in a piece of foil, big enough to wrap around the entire head of garlic. Season the garlic with salt and pepper and then drizzle with olive oil.
- Wrap the heads of garlic up tightly and place into the air fryer for 20 minutes. Let the garlic sit for 5 minutes in the air fryer once it shuts off.
- Unwrap the foil and check to see if the garlic cloves are softened and brown in color. If they need to go longer, cook for another 5 minutes until the garlic is to your liking.
- Let the garlic cool and then squeeze out to use in your favorite recipes!
Store: Store roasted garlic in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Freeze: Freeze roasted garlic in resealable freezer bags, making sure to push all the air out. Then simply pop out a clove when you need it!
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mantitlement, air fryer recipes, air fryer garlic, easy recipes, roasted garlic