This post has been brought to you by Hormel Foods. Thank you for continuing to support the brands that keep me cooking! #TacoGoals #WorkWithHormelFoods #ad
This Shredded Pork Taco Bowl is like having all the makings of your favorite taco right in a bowl.
There is nothing I like more than making tacos for dinner – or anything even related to tacos for dinner. It’s always a huge hit in our house and there are empty plates all around.
In this case, we’re going to be seeing empty bowls because we’re making some taco bowls up tonight.
Taco bowls are such a fun dinner to make because you can customize the ingredients for each bowl. Some might like beans, others not – everyone seems to love avocados in our house and of course everyone wants the cheese.
For our taco bowls tonight we’re swapping out the shells with a quick Mexican rice as a base and then we’re going to load it up with all the toppings we can think of. Sometimes it’s all the toppings that get you right? It seems like a quick dinner but then it’s getting all the toppings together that gets hectic…on top of making whatever kind of meat you’re using for your tacos. But I’ve got the perfect short cut with this meal using HORMEL® Taco Meats.
I mean it doesn’t get much easier than this. HORMEL® Taco Meats come in a few different varieties, Shredded Pork, Shredded Beef, Shredded Chicken and Beef Crumbles. So pretty much any taco-related meal can be made with one of these Taco Meat flavors. The best part? They come already cooked and already perfectly seasoned. So all you have to do is heat it up and start assembling your taco bowls…
And since HORMEL® Taco Meats are 100% natural, you don’t have to keep these Shredded Pork Taco Bowls to a once in a while thing – you can feel good about serving this dinner up as many times as you want to.
I chose to heat up our shredded pork for about 5 minutes in the oven, but you could use the stove top too or even throw it in the microwave.
Next I made up a quick Mexican flavored rice to be the base of my taco bowls. Just add onion, garlic, tomato sauce and a few cups of cooked rice in a large skillet and in about 10 minutes you’ve got some crazy good rice to hold all your toppings.
Pile on the shredded pork and customize your taco bowl to your own liking. A squeeze of fresh lime and you’re all set – the more toppings the better if you ask me!
- 1 package HORMEL® Taco Meats Shredded Pork
For the rice
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 cups cooked white rice
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
For the toppings
- diced tomatoes
- grated Cheddar cheese
- red onion
- black beans
- fresh limes
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add the oil.
- Add the onion and garlic to the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes until softened.
- Place in the cooked rice along with the tomato sauce, salt, pepper and cumin and stir to combine.
- Cook for 5 minutes, turn off the heat and cover to keep warm.
- Place the shredded pork on a baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes just until warmed through.
- Assemble the taco bowls by placing a large portion of rice in the bottom of the bowl and top with the about a half cup of the shredded pork.
- Top with all the toppings that you like and a fresh squeeze of lime on top.