Make up a batch of these Red White and Blue Shooters for your BBQ parties this summer! Everyone is going to love these patriotic vodka shots!
A Layered Shot Recipe For Parties
You all know how much I like to make shots, especially when it’s a layered shot. Nothing says “party” more than walking into a room with a tray of shots. For some reason it always gets people excited, even people who say they don’t do shots. Those are my favorite kind to try and convert.
You don’t need to make shots that are going to knock people on the floor after a few – you do want your friends to actually enjoy themselves. Not wake up the next morning cursing you out. Although I can’t say that’s never happened…
But these Red White and Blue Shooters are more on the tamer side. Tam-er that is, not completely harmless but not to potent either.
How To Make These Layered Red White & Blue Shots
Start by pouring a bottom layer of grenadine into the bottom of your shot glasses.
Then slowly pour in a layer of Blue Curacao over the back of a spoon, as slowly as you can so it doesn’t mix in with the grenadine. The top layer is vodka, you can use a flavored vodka or just the plain kind. As long as it’s white it’ll work out fine. You could even use a white tequila or rum, pick your favorite.
Yes, there is a little bit of work to make these shooters – but here’s the part you’ll like. You can make up a whole bunch of these ahead of time and keep them chilled in your fridge until it’s time.
Appetizers To Serve With This Shot Recipe
We all know that if you’re having a party and serving up cocktails (or shots) you need to have a good amount of food, too! Just a few suggestions here, but visit our Appetizer Menu for a whole bunch more!
- Baked Buffalo Chicken Wings
- Sloppy Joe Bic Mac Sliders
- Honey Mustard Pulled Pork Taquitos
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
Looking For More Shot Recipes?
- Double Trouble Tropical Tequila Shots
- Pineapple Upside Down Whiskey Shots
- Spiked Strawberry Lemonade Shots
These festive and patriotic vodka shots are perfect for your July Fourth party and all your summer BBQ’s!
- 1/2 oz. Blue Curacao
- 1/2 oz. grenadine
- 1/2 oz. vodka
- Start by pouring the grenadine into the bottom of a shot glass.
- Over the back of a spoon, slowly pour the Blue Curacao into the shot glass to make the second layer.
- Pour the vodka into the shot glass in the same way, over a spoon so the layers don’t mix together.
- Repeat with as many shots as you’d like to make. You can make these up ahead of time and carefully place them in your refrigerator until you’re ready.
- Category: Cocktails
- Method: Pour
- Cuisine: American