This Quick Philly Cheesesteak Recipe is on the table in less than 30! Shaved beef from the store gives this Philly Cheesesteak recipe an authentic flavor!
Philly Cheesesteak Everyyyythinggg, please.
There are SO many recipes that have the words “Philly Cheesesteak” in them. Just check out the links at the bottom of this post for all the recipes we have made just on our website here!
Because who doesn’t love beef and cheese and peppers and onions…
Either piled onto a soft sub roll or eaten as is if you’re looking for a low carb recipe, this Quick Philly Cheesesteak Recipe is a total knock out. Dinner in less than 30, all fresh ingredients and a killer flavor.
What Kind Of Beef Do You Use For This Philly Cheesesteak Recipe?
Here’s our secret to making this recipe so quick and still so full of flavor, you’ll think it’s been cooking all day long. Grab some shaved beef right in your butcher department! Shaved beef is steak that is already sliced super thin on a meat slicer and packed up all nice for you.
This way you don’t have to worry about slicing a steak really thin, you can just skip that step and go right to the skillet. AND because this shaved beef is cut so thin, it cooks up in no time at all.
Quick and effective, and in my opinion, the best type of beef for this Quick Philly Cheesesteak Recipe.
Once the peppers and onions cook down and the beef browns, this skillet recipe gets a melted blanket of cheese on top that is pretty drool-worthy.
How Do You Serve This Philly Cheesesteak Recipe?
Here’s where you have a few options. You can eat this recipe as is, right from the skillet if you’re looking for a low carb dinner. Or you can pile this beef, peppers and cheese onto sub rolls for the best Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich to ever be made in 30 minutes or less.
Some Other Serving Ideas Are:
- Pile into a baked potato
- Serve over rice or noodles
- Use as a topping for nachos
- Wrap up in tortillas
Whichever way you eat up this dinner recipe, it’s going to be delicious. Have we mentioned game days or parties? This Philly Cheesesteak Recipe is a solid home run.
Double this recipe if you have a crowd coming over and let your guests serve themselves, however they want to eat it! My serving choice is a sub roll, a soft perfect roll just like this one here.
If you’re not a fan of provolone cheese you can definitely use sliced or grated mozzarella cheese. American cheese slices would also be amazing…that’s on my list to try next!
Looking For More Philly Cheesesteak Recipes?
- Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Shells
- Philly Cheesesteak Fried Rice
- Philly Cheesesteak Spaghetti Squash Casserole
- Philly Cheesesteak Crescent Rolls
- Chicken Philly Cheesesteak Spaghetti Casserole
- Philly Cheesesteak Mini Stuffed Peppers
This one pan cheesesteak recipe can be made from start to finish in less than 30! Using some help from the store gets this dinner on the table fast!
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 – 1 1/4 pounds shaved beef
- 1 large green bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 large red bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 medium onion, sliced into strips
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- Fresh black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons marsala wine
- 2 teaspoons Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 8 slices provolone or mozzarella cheese about (1/4 pound)
- 4 sub rolls (if serving as a sandwich)
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, then add the pepper and onion strips. Cook, stirring, for 10 minutes until the peppers and onions have softened. Add the salt and the chopped garlic, stir and cook 5 minutes more, then remove to a bowl and cover with foil.
- Wipe out the skillet with paper towels if necessary, then add the other 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil and the shaved beef. Pull the beef apart to separate the layers and cook until brown, about 5 minutes.
- Pour the marsala wine into the pan to deglaze and stir until the wine is evaporated.
- Season the beef with pepper, Montreal Steak Seasoning and Worcestershire sauce, stir to combine.
- Add the peppers and onions back to the skillet, stirring to combine with the beef.
- Lay the provolone cheese on top of the beef and peppers, covering the top as much as possible. Turn the heat down to low, then add the cover to the skillet to melt the cheese.
- Once the cheese has melted, serve on sub rolls or eat as is for a low carb dinner!
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: beef, shaved beef, philly cheesesteak recipe, one pan recipe, one skillet dinner, dinner recipes, dinner ideas, low carb recipes