This one pan cheesesteak recipe can be made from start to finish in less than 30! Using some help from the store gets this dinner on the table fast!
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 – 1 1/4 pounds shaved beef
- 1 large green bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 large red bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 medium onion, sliced into strips
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- Fresh black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons marsala wine
- 2 teaspoons Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 8 slices provolone or mozzarella cheese about (1/4 pound)
- 4 sub rolls (if serving as a sandwich)
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, then add the pepper and onion strips. Cook, stirring, for 10 minutes until the peppers and onions have softened. Add the salt and the chopped garlic, stir and cook 5 minutes more, then remove to a bowl and cover with foil.
- Wipe out the skillet with paper towels if necessary, then add the other 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil and the shaved beef. Pull the beef apart to separate the layers and cook until brown, about 5 minutes.
- Pour the marsala wine into the pan to deglaze and stir until the wine is evaporated.
- Season the beef with pepper, Montreal Steak Seasoning and Worcestershire sauce, stir to combine.
- Add the peppers and onions back to the skillet, stirring to combine with the beef.
- Lay the provolone cheese on top of the beef and peppers, covering the top as much as possible. Turn the heat down to low, then add the cover to the skillet to melt the cheese.
- Once the cheese has melted, serve on sub rolls or eat as is for a low carb dinner!
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: beef, shaved beef, philly cheesesteak recipe, one pan recipe, one skillet dinner, dinner recipes, dinner ideas, low carb recipes