These Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers are a tasty, low carb appetizer for parties! One bite of these stuffed mini peppers and you’ll be hooked!
Delicious, Low Carb Mini Stuffed Peppers
Low-carb, no-carb, whatever. I wasn’t thinking along those lines when I came up with this recipe. I was just thinking it would taste good and man, was I right!
These Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers are loaded with steak and caramelized onions and of course, cheese. A cheesy, beefy, low carb filling stuffed into a bite sized mini pepper!
A Low Carb Appetizer or Snack Recipe
These Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers are perfect for Football food or party apps or even for a snack for the kids after school…yep, they are that easy to make, just hang in with me.
How To Make Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers
All you need to do is pick up lean roast beef from your deli and shredded mozzarella cheese, or provolone would work nice too.
And then of course the mini bell peppers. You know the bag of the little bell peppers that you see in the grocery store? They’re about 5 bucks, grab a bag or two and get cooking.
Chop up a large onion and put it in a skillet with olive oil over medium heat. After a few minutes when it gets softened up, add in the roast beef from the deli that you’ve chopped up into small slices.
Add in a few seasonings and a little marsala wine and the filling is done. Slice the peppers in half and fill them up with the stuffing. Add the cheese on top and bake for 15 minutes.
It really can’t get much simpler than that. And it’s a good thing because like I said, these won’t be around for half-time so make sure to double the recipe!
Looking For More Low Carb Recipes?
- 30 Incredible Low Carb Dinners
- Low Carb BLT Bites
- Chicken Stuffed Zucchini Enchiladas
- Slow Cooker Pulled Pork (Can also be used to stuff these peppers!)
Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
These Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers are so easy to make! An easy, tasty, low carb appetizer recipe!
- 1 pound lean roast beef
- 10 miniature bell peppers, sliced in half
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat, then add the onion and cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Chop up the roast beef into small pieces and add to the skillet with the onion. Stir and cook for 3-4 minutes, then add the salt, pepper, oregano and garlic powder. Cook for 5 minutes then add the cream cheese, stirring to combine with the filling. Add the filling to a large bowl and let cool.
- Place the halved peppers on a baking sheet. Fill with the roast beef filling, dividing between the peppers, and then top with the mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes until the filling is warmed through and the cheese is melted.
This mini stuffed pepper recipe makes about 20 mini stuffed peppers about 3 peppers per person for appetizers.
Store: Let the peppers cool down completely and then store in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Reheat: Warm leftover peppers in the oven at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes until warmed through. You can also reheat the peppers in the microwave but the peppers will be softer.
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Oven / Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mantitlement, low carb recipes, low carb appetizers, party food, philly cheesesteak recipes, game day food
This is such a fun recipe for a party!
Looks wonderfully flavorful!