This Peppermint Cannoli Dip is a perfect Christmas Dessert! This no bake dessert recipe makes your holiday entertaining a breeze!
A No Bake Dessert Recipe For The Holidays
Because we KNOW that you guys are all knee deep into baking all those Christmas cookies and delicious treats. So it’s nice to have an easy dessert recipe that you can whip up at the last minute, or make in advance to add to your dessert table.
Also, this Peppermint Cannoli Dip is a perfect recipe to bring as a hostess gift or a take along dessert to your Christmas or New Year’s Eve party! Since the cannoli chips are separate, there won’t be any soggy cannoli shells to worry about with this dessert.
How To Make No Bake Cannoli Filling
Making homemade cannoli filling is really very easy. There’s a few basic ingredients and then you can add in whatever extras you like! We’ve even had blueberry cannolis that are made during blueberry season near our house and they are unbelievable.
The point is, once you make the basic cannoli filling you can add almost any flavor that you like to it. Even dress the recipe up for almost any holiday! Maybe silver and gold sprinkles for New Year’s Eve or red hot candies for Valentine’s Day…you get the idea.
The key to making this recipe ahead of time is that the chips are separate from the filling. So unlike a regular cannoli recipe you don’t have to fill the shells at the last minute so they don’t get soggy.
This cannoli dip can be made way ahead of time and served when needed, so that is a holiday planning WIN.
Jazz Up A Store Bought Dessert!
Most stores that I have been to these days will have a set of cannoli chips and dip. We love these chips that we found at one of our local grocery stores but any cannoli chip shape will work!
So, did you just totally forgot about bringing a dessert somewhere? Grab that cannoli chip and dip set from the store and stir in crushed peppermint and mini chocolate chips.
No shame there, it’s fun and festive and no one needs to know any different! Also this Peppermint Cannoli Dip taste amazing so no one will care if you made the dip from scratch or not.
We did make our cannoli dip from scratch and yes, it does taste better than the dip you can buy from the store but in a pinch, you need to do whatever helps you along during a hectic holiday season!
What Other Ingredients Can I Add To This Cannoli Dip Recipe?
Like I said before, you can make the basic cannoli dip recipe and then customize it to your liking! Whether it’s for a different holiday or just a fun party, there’s so many different ingredients that you can add to cannoli dip!
- Different Colored, themed or holiday sprinkles or balls
- Any kind of candy bar, chopped, like Kit Kat or Butterfinger
- Fresh Fruit
- Brandy or Flavored Alcohols
- Oreo cookies or other chopped cookies
- Caramel drizzle
A great idea for a party would be making a cannoli dip bar! Make a big batch of regular cannoli dip and then set out different toppings that your guests can customize!
Looking For More Easy Dessert Recipes?
- No Bake Blueberry Cheesecake Dip
- Coconut Rum Cookies
- Instant Peppermint Eggnog Pudding
- Banana Bourbon Poke Cake
- Easy Bourbon Bacon Brittle
This easy, no bake Peppermint Cannoli Dip is sure to be a hit for your Christmas and holiday parties! A no bake dessert that can be made ahead of time is a life saver for parties and holidays!
- 2 cups whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup marscarpone cheese, room temperature (can substitute cream cheese)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips (plus extra for topping)
- 1/4 cup crushed peppermints (plus extra for topping)
- Cannoli chips or crushed cannoli shells for dipping
- Add the ricotta and marscarpone cheeses to a large mixing bowl. Beat together until blended, then pour in the heavy cream. Mix until smooth.
- Stir in the powdered sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and chocolate chips. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
- Bring the cannoli dip out of the refrigerator 30 minutes before serving. Stir in the crushed peppermint and then garnish the top of the dip with more chocolate chips and peppermints.
- Serve with cannoli chips for dipping.
This cannoli dip recipe can be made a day or two ahead of time, just make sure to stir in the peppermint right before serving!
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cannoli dip, cannoli filling recipe, dip recipe, no bake dessert, christmas desserts, christmas recipes, easy dessert recipes