This Dove® Fruit Peanut Brittle is so easy to make it comes together in only 15 minutes! We love making this for holidays or any special occasion!
Desserts are big for me, I love most any kind. I’m not big on making dessert…but eating them is never a problem.
I do have a few easier dessert recipes that I can throw together if I have to, but most of the time I rely on opening a package of something – like Dove® Fruit. But what could I do to turn Dove® Fruit into an ingredient instead of just opening the bag and pouring them in your mouth?
I’ve never done that – I swear.
I found a few recipes for peanut brittle that seemed pretty easy to make so I thought I’d give it a shot and melt the Dove® Fruit on top. Sounds pretty good so far right?
Now to go out and grab my ingredients. I ran to the closest Walmart and headed over to the candy isle. Next problem, which one to buy? A whole display of all the flavors.
Cranberry, cherry and blueberry.
I grabbed all three just to be on the safe side. Whatever is left will just be for snacking on.
The great thing about Dove® Fruit is that it’s real dark chocolate combined with whole fruit so it not only tastes great but it’s one of the better dessert options you could grab.
Like I said, this brittle is easy and quick but you do need to pay attention to the steps and use a thermometer for this one.
The ingredients for this brittle are simple – just some sugar, peanuts, flavorings and of course your bag (or bags) of Dove® Fruit.
Set your thermometer on the side of a pot and add in some corn syrup, brown sugar, white sugar and salt in a medium pan and bring to a boil.
Stir in some butter and vanilla and bring to a boil.
Add in the peanuts and baking soda and stir until it gets lighter in color, just for a minute.
Carefully pour onto a greased baking sheet and let cool for 3 minutes. Then add your Dove® Fruit to the top of the brittle just so they stick to the top.
Now you’ve gotta smash it up. I know, it looks too good to start destroying, but go ahead and break it into big pieces.
Dove® Fruit Peanut Brittle
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 6 Servings 1x
This brittle recipe is made with Dove Fruits! A delicious, fruity, chocolaty bite!
- 1 package (6 oz.) Dove® Fruit Blueberries
- 1/2 c. corn syrup
- 1/4 c. water
- 1/2 c. brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 c. white sugar
- 1/8 t. salt
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- 3 T. butter
- 1 1/2 c. roasted peanuts
- 1 t. baking soda
- Start by adding some corn syrup, water, brown sugar, white sugar and salt in a medium pan, stir and bring to a boil.
- Place a candy thermometer in you pan and then add in the butter and vanilla, stir for a few seconds and then let the mixture heat up to 230º F.
- Once it reaches 230º F, start stirring again until you get the mixture up to 290º F, then add in the peanuts.
- Stir again until it reaches 300º F and then let it cook for one minute more.
- Last step is to add in baking soda and just stir until it’s combined.
- Carefully pour onto a greased baking sheet and spread into an even layer.
- Add your Dove® Fruit to the top of the brittle pushing down lightly just so they stick to the top.
- Let the brittle cool to room temperature and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes for the chocolate to set.
- Break into large pieces and serve.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: peanut brittle recipe, brittle recipe, dessert recipe, candy recipe
This recipe has been brought to you by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser, but all opinions here are mine.
Believe it or not, I have only successfully made peanut brittle one time in my life! But this looks like something I can do! Love the idea of using the DOVE® Fruit! #client
Thanks Sharon! I was a little nervous to try it but it turned out great!
I’ve never made peanut brittle before, although I’ve been meaning to for months! I love that your recipe includes chocolate-coated blueberries, so creative!
Thanks Sharon! We really liked it, not as hard to make as I thought.