This brittle recipe is made with Dove Fruits! A delicious, fruity, chocolaty bite!
- 1 package (6 oz.) Dove® Fruit Blueberries
- 1/2 c. corn syrup
- 1/4 c. water
- 1/2 c. brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 c. white sugar
- 1/8 t. salt
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- 3 T. butter
- 1 1/2 c. roasted peanuts
- 1 t. baking soda
- Start by adding some corn syrup, water, brown sugar, white sugar and salt in a medium pan, stir and bring to a boil.
- Place a candy thermometer in you pan and then add in the butter and vanilla, stir for a few seconds and then let the mixture heat up to 230º F.
- Once it reaches 230º F, start stirring again until you get the mixture up to 290º F, then add in the peanuts.
- Stir again until it reaches 300º F and then let it cook for one minute more.
- Last step is to add in baking soda and just stir until it’s combined.
- Carefully pour onto a greased baking sheet and spread into an even layer.
- Add your Dove® Fruit to the top of the brittle pushing down lightly just so they stick to the top.
- Let the brittle cool to room temperature and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes for the chocolate to set.
- Break into large pieces and serve.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: peanut brittle recipe, brittle recipe, dessert recipe, candy recipe