Cowboy Caviar Grilled Chicken is full of bold flavors that turn grilled chicken into a fiesta! This easy chicken recipe is always on our dinner menu!
A Flavorful, Low Carb Chicken Recipe!
This Cowboy Caviar Grilled Chicken is definitely company worthy, totally works for a party, but also just for dinner at home with the family. The key here is making sure you marinate the chicken for a least a few hours to get the full flavor…and the Boozy Cowboy Caviar piled on top doesn’t hurt so load it on.
We seem to have cooked chicken in our refrigerator most of the time, if not grilled then baked in the oven or just a shredded rotisserie chicken from the store.
Chicken is perfect for salads and sandwiches during the week…or for hungry kids looking for a snack that they can make themselves.
But today we’re taking that chicken and topping it with our Boozy Cowboy Caviar we made last week and turning that grilled chicken into something a lot more tasty…and a lot more fun.
How Do You Make This Chicken Recipe?
First we’re going to marinate our chicken in a zesty, tex-max flavored marinade that has cumin, taco seasoning, garlic and fresh lime juice. That’s a party all by itself, but then we’re going to make this chicken even better…
After you chicken is marinated and grilled you can start slicing it up and getting the Cowboy Caviar piled on top. This is how we like to serve it – family style on a big platter so everyone can grab what they want.
It can’t get much easier than that! But I’m telling you, an easy chicken recipe like this one that the whole family is goin to love couldn’t be better. Our boys even take this grilled chicken and the topping and roll it up into tortillas, pretty much anything they can get into a tortilla and wrap up works for them.
Can I Make Cowboy Caviar Ahead Of Time?
Yep, and you definitely should. The flavors in this fresh topping will blend together better if you give them a chance to hang out for a while in your refrigerator. The morning of would be fine but even the day before is good.
We’ll make Cowboy Caviar in a big bowl just to keep in the refrigerator for the week, or weekend! Besides chicken, it’s also great for topping fish or steak or even on salads!
Looking For More Easy Chicken Recipes?
- Our Favorite Chicken Marinade
- The Ultimate Chicken Marsala
- Slow Cooker Sweet Chili Chicken Wings
- Chicken Stuffed Zucchini Enchiladas
- Air Fryer Ranch Chicken Nuggets
This simple chicken dinner is on our menu all year long! You can use this flavorful topping and marinade with baked chicken too!
- 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups Boozy Cowboy Caviar
- Mix the seasonings together for the chicken and coat well on both sides.
- Pour the lime juice and olive oil over the chicken and toss to coat.
- Marinate in the refrigerator 4 to 6 hours.
- Grill the chicken over medium high heat for 10-12 minutes, turning halfway through cooking until no longer pink inside.
- Remove the chicken from the grill and let rest for 5 minutes under foil.
- Slice the chicken and place on a serving platter.
- Serve the chicken with Cowboy Caviar on top or on the side.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: grilled chicken recipe, cowboy caviar recipe, low carb dinner recipe, low carb recipes, healthy recipes, easy chicken recipe, chicken dinner