Barber Foods Stuffed Chicken and Broccoli Rice Pilaf is one of our go to dinners when we’re dealing with busy weeknight schedules! Let’s make it a #BarberNight! This post has been sponsored by Barber Foods.
An Easy Stuffed Chicken Breast Dinner Idea
I know you might look at this dinner and say to yourself, that’s a busy weeknight dinner? When your maybe looks more like ordering out for pizza or a box of mac and cheese.
I get it – we do that too. A lot.
But being crazy for time doesn’t always mean that you have to order out just something to get on the table, taking some help from the store like buying Barber Foods Stuffed Chicken Breasts is a great time saver! We can always find lots of varieties at our local Shop Rite.
Barber Foods Stuffed Chicken Breasts have become one of our kids favorite dinners. They come in a ton of tasty varieties like chicken cordon bleu, chicken kiev, chicken parmesan and the one we’re making today – broccoli and cheese.
It doesn’t take much to get this chicken on the table, just preheat your oven to 375 degrees, take the raw chicken breast out of the plastic pouch and onto a sheet pan. Depending on how many you’re cooking at once, they’re going to cook in the oven for 35-39 minutes then once they’re done just let them cool for three minutes before serving.
And all of that can be happening while you make this broccoli rice pilaf!
Because as much as I like pizza, sometimes you just need to feel like you’re eating a decent meal. And this Barber Foods Stuffed Chicken and Broccoli Rice Pilaf will be a hit at your dinner table, I can pretty much guarantee it.
The rice starts out with cooking onion in butter and then adding the rice and spaghetti to toast until it’s nutty and brown.
Then you can pour in chicken broth, stir and cover.
It cooks for about 15-20 minutes until the rice and pasta have absorbed all the liquid. Now it’s time to add in chopped broccoli and toasted, slivered almonds.
Stir together and the rice is done.
Pile the rice into a serving bowl, grab the chicken from the oven and dinner is served!
My boys ate this like crazy, the little guy especially. They said it tasted just like it came from a restaurant – a pretty decent compliment coming from those guys who have been to more restaurants at their age than I ever was.
So quick and busy weeknights don’t always have to mean take out! Make this Barber Foods Stuffed Chicken and Broccoli Rice Pilaf and have a delicious dinner without the stress!
Barber Foods Stuffed Chicken and Broccoli Rice Pilaf
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
Barber Foods Stuffed Chicken and Broccoli Rice Pilaf is one of our go to dinners when we’re dealing with busy weeknight schedules!
- 4 Barber Foods Stuffed Chicken Breasts, Broccoli and Cheese flavor
For the Broccoli Rice Pilaf
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup short spaghetti, or you can use regular spaghetti and break it up
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 1/2 cup blanched slivered almonds, toasted until lightly brown in a dry skillet
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups cooked broccoli, finely chopped
- Prepare the chicken according to the package directions.
- While the chicken is cooking, heat the butter in a large skillet.
- Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes until softened, then add the garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Add the spaghetti and rice, toasting while stirring for 5 minutes until lightly browned.
- Pour in the chicken broth, stir and cover for 18 minutes.
- Remove the lid and add the chopped broccoli, stir and test for seasonings.
- Sprinkle the toasted almonds on top and serve alongside the chicken breasts.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: stuffed chicken breast recipe, chicken pilaf recipe, easy chicken dinner idea, quick chicken breast recipe