These Sheet Pan Greek Nachos are made with baked, sliced pita instead of tortilla chips! Serve this delicious nacho recipe at your next happy hour or party!
Still need more nacho flavor? We’ve also got these Nacho Chicken Wings that are coated in crushed tortilla chips and baked!
What Are Greek Nachos?
There’s a few different interpretations of Greek Nachos out there, but our recipe uses fresh pita bread that’s lightly toasted instead of tortilla chips for the base. Then we used seasoned ground beef mixed with ground lamb to give these nachos an authentic Greek flavor, but not so strong that everyone won’t like them.
You can, of course use all ground beef in this nacho recipe, or ground turkey or pork. Since there is a lot of lamb used in Greek cooking, we felt that the mixture of the two meats gave these nachos the best flavor but feel free to make your own substitutions.
How Do You Make Sheet Pan Greek Nachos?
Start by slicing fresh pita bread into wedges and then toasting it in the oven until lightly golden brown.
Next brown the beef and lamb along with some seasonings and a big stir in of tzatziki sauce, again for more of that authentic Greek flavor.
Add the seasoned beef and lamb to the baked pita and then cover it with a big layer of cheese. We used mozzarella cheese on these nachos for a couple of reasons, it’s a really perfect melting cheese and it has a mild flavor. A mild flavor cheese was the perfect topping for these super flavorful Greek Nachos, we didn’t want a strong cheese to hide all the flavor we put into the meat.
BUT there are other cheeses that you can use for these nachos like Monterey Jack, Havarti, White Cheddar and even crumbled feta. Don’t use feta for the entire cheese base but use it for an additional topping.
Once the nachos come back out of the oven it’s time to add the cold toppings. Diced cucumber, tomatoes and black olives were our go to topping choices but again, feel free to add any nacho toppings that you like!
Serving these Sheet Pan Greek Nachos with a big glass of crisp, cold wine is definitely a must in our book!
Looking For More Appetizer Recipes?
These tasty nachos are made with sliced, baked pita bread instead of tortilla chips! We’re also using a combination of ground beef and lamb for an authentic yet mild flavor!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 lb. ground lamb
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup tzatziki sauce
- 6 pita breads, cut into 6 triangles each
- 1 lb. mozzarella cheese, grated
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup cucumber, diced
- black olives
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes until softened.
- Stir in the garlic and cook for a minute more, then add the beef to the pan. Cook the beef while breaking up with a spoon until browned, about 10 minutes. Turn off the heat and let cool slightly.
- Pour in the tzatziki sauce and stir to combine.
- Place the pita bread on a sheet pan and toast in the oven until slightly browned and crisp, about 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool on the sheet pan.
- Add the beef topping to the pita chips then cover with the mozzarella cheese. Bake for 15 minutes until the cheese is melted and remove from the oven.
- Top with the tomatoes, cucumber and olives. Serve immediately.
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Oven / Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: nacho recipe, greek nachos, ground beef recipes, recipes with ground lamb, appetizer recipes, nacho toppings, dinner ideas