These tasty nachos are made with sliced, baked pita bread instead of tortilla chips! We’re also using a combination of ground beef and lamb for an authentic yet mild flavor!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 lb. ground lamb
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup tzatziki sauce
- 6 pita breads, cut into 6 triangles each
- 1 lb. mozzarella cheese, grated
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup cucumber, diced
- black olives
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes until softened.
- Stir in the garlic and cook for a minute more, then add the beef to the pan. Cook the beef while breaking up with a spoon until browned, about 10 minutes. Turn off the heat and let cool slightly.
- Pour in the tzatziki sauce and stir to combine.
- Place the pita bread on a sheet pan and toast in the oven until slightly browned and crisp, about 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool on the sheet pan.
- Add the beef topping to the pita chips then cover with the mozzarella cheese. Bake for 15 minutes until the cheese is melted and remove from the oven.
- Top with the tomatoes, cucumber and olives. Serve immediately.
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Oven / Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: nacho recipe, greek nachos, ground beef recipes, recipes with ground lamb, appetizer recipes, nacho toppings, dinner ideas