These Pale Ale Chicken Nachos are made with a beer infused homemade queso! There isn’t a better party nacho recipe that I can think of!
Believe me when I say that I tried to drink what I could, but I really did get carried away opening these bottles up.
I had to think of what to do with all the beer…so I made a beer queso to go on top of shredded chicken nachos. Good stuff.
Somehow I always seem to go to a recipe with cheese.
I picked up a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store just to make it easier on myself but feel free to roast your own chicken and then shred it up.
I also grabbed some guacamole from the store, the avocados weren’t ripe so it seemed like the best option.
The toppings that I used are pretty straightforward -I had some finely diced bell peppers, black olives and guacamole, and of course the cheese for the queso.
For me, I had some hot sauce and pickled jalapenos on the side but the kids won’t eat that so I left them out of the final picture.
You can totally adjust the toppings to your liking though. Sour cream and bacon, scallions or diced tomatoes…and then there’s the beer.
I used Troegs Pale Ale because it’s brewed in Hershey, Pennsylvania, not too far from where I live. I plan on visiting the brewery in May on my way to the Springsteen show that I’m seeing at Hershey Park…kill two birds with one stone, right?
These Pale Ale Chicken Nachos were awesome for an appetizer, for my family they turned into dinner, but either way they were a hit. I hope you try them!
Looking For More Appetizers?Print
These chicken nachos are kicked up with a beer infused queso cheese!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 14.5 oz. can petite diced tomatoes, drained
- 16 oz. Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 4 oz. extra sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 3/4 cup of light pilsner
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- 1 bag of tortilla chips, 14.5 oz., whichever brand you like
- 3.8 oz. can of sliced black olives, drained
- 1/4 cup yellow bell pepper, diced finely
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, diced finely
- Store bought or Homemade Guacamole
- 2 cups shredded, cooked chicken
For the Queso:
- Add the olive oil to a non-stick skillet on medium high heat.
- Add in the onions, cook 5 minutes until softened, then add the diced garlic and cook for a minute more.
- Add the diced tomatoes and the 3/4 cup of beer and reduce for 5-7 minutes until most of the liquid is evaporated.
- Place in the grated cheeses and stir to combine until melted. Season with cumin, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Place a layer of chips on a platter.
- Add some shredded chicken, then spoon on some queso.
- Add another layer of chips, more queso and then your toppings- the black olives, diced red peppers and guacamole. Serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 6
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: nacho recipes, appetizer recipe, chicken nachos, queso recipe