These chicken nachos are kicked up with a beer infused queso cheese!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 14.5 oz. can petite diced tomatoes, drained
- 16 oz. Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 4 oz. extra sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 3/4 cup of light pilsner
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- 1 bag of tortilla chips, 14.5 oz., whichever brand you like
- 3.8 oz. can of sliced black olives, drained
- 1/4 cup yellow bell pepper, diced finely
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, diced finely
- Store bought or Homemade Guacamole
- 2 cups shredded, cooked chicken
For the Queso:
- Add the olive oil to a non-stick skillet on medium high heat.
- Add in the onions, cook 5 minutes until softened, then add the diced garlic and cook for a minute more.
- Add the diced tomatoes and the 3/4 cup of beer and reduce for 5-7 minutes until most of the liquid is evaporated.
- Place in the grated cheeses and stir to combine until melted. Season with cumin, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Place a layer of chips on a platter.
- Add some shredded chicken, then spoon on some queso.
- Add another layer of chips, more queso and then your toppings- the black olives, diced red peppers and guacamole. Serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 6
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: nacho recipes, appetizer recipe, chicken nachos, queso recipe