Grilled Shrimp Cocktail with Mango BBQ Sauce is a delicious twist on classic shrimp cocktail! Grilled shrimp brings out all the best flavors!
A Grilled Shrimp Appetizer Recipe
This Grilled Shrimp Cocktail with Mango BBQ sauce has become one of our most favorite appetizer and dinner recipes! We like to serve it over rice and with a salad and/or vegetables for dinner, or just as is for appetizers!
Grilling the shrimp brings our all the delicious, fresh seafood flavors in this dish so we especially like making this shrimp cocktail during the grilling season. But if the weather isn’t right for grilling you can use a grill pan or oven roast the shrimp and still make this quick mango BBQ sauce.
This shrimp cocktail is served warm, but cold would be OK too if you want to do it ahead of time…It’s all about the sauce here. Like this Asian Shrimp Cocktail – and it couldn’t be easier to make.
How To Make Grilled Shrimp Cocktail with Mango BBQ sauce
Start with your favorite BBQ sauce and a ripe mango – add them to a blender until smooth and you’re finished. We’re all about short cuts here when we can take them and sometimes adding a fresh ingredient to a store bought product really makes the difference!
There’s so many good bottled sauces right in your grocery store these days you should totally take advantage of them. No need to make things completely from scratch ALL the time.
You can serve these shrimp grilled with the sauce on the side or what I like to do is grill them, toss them in a couple tablespoons of the sauce and serve them with extra sauce on the side too.
This shrimp is also awesome for dinner with rice or fries on the side, our boys both loved it for dinner and asked for seconds. That’s when you know something’s really good – when the kids want more!
Looking For More Shrimp Recipes?Print
This delicious grilled shrimp cocktail is perfect for appetizers or a light dinner!
- 1 lb. of shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- 1 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce
- 1 mango, cubed
- Preheat your grill or grill pan over medium heat.
- Season the shrimp with the salt, garlic powder and pepper.
- Spray the grill with cooking spray and grill the shrimp for 2-3 minutes per side until pink.
- Remove from the grill and cover with foil to keep warm while you make the sauce.
- Add the BBQ sauce and mango to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Toss the grilled shrimp with 2 tablespoons of the mango BBQ sauce and then serve with extra sauce on the side.
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: shrimp recipes, shrimp on the grill, grilling recipes, shrimp cocktail recipes, appetizer recipes