I’m manning up the bellini cocktail here at Mantitlement today with my Grapefruit Beer Bellini. Tart grapefruit juice combined with beer makes a surprising cocktail that’s perfect for brunch!
It’s cocktail time!
Just another thing that I’ve decided would be better with beer. A bellini. Because everything is better with beer, right?
Just say yes…
And there’s still champagne in this bellini, prosecco actually, but it’s half beer and half prosecco. It’s the ratio that’s important – are you seeing a trend? I’m all about the right proportions of things as you know.
I think the important thing in this Grapefruit Beer Bellini is the actual beer that I used. One of my new favorite finds is grapefruit beer by Schofferhofer. Actually, the wife found it while shopping with a friend of hers…they did some free sampling and then loaded up the cart.
And then I took care of the drinking part just to make sure it was good.
I didn’t want to leave out the fruit puree that typically goes into a bellini. Not knowing what exactly a fruit puree was made of…I just threw some grapefruit slices in the blender, squeezed in the juice and added some sugar. Awesome. It could be the base for so many cocktails…peach with bourbon? That might be next.
Anyway, so the grapefruit puree goes in the bottom of your glass, then a few ounces of prosecco or champagne, then top it off with a grapefruit beer.
Surprisingly, this grapefruit beer is pretty easy to come by. I find it now pretty much everywhere I go, so don’t worry about not being able to buy it.
And that’s about it! You can also set this out as a bellini bar like the picture above…put out your puree, the prosecco and the grapefruit beer and everyone can serve themselves!Print
- 1 grapefruit, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 T. sugar
- 6 oz. prosecco
- 1 grapefruit beer
- Place the grapefruit wedges without any peel into a blender with the tablespoon of sugar.
- Blend until completely smooth and set aside.
- Add a few tablespoons of the puree to the bottom of 2 champagne flutes or a beer glass.
- Add 3 ounces of prosecco to each glass, then top with the grapefruit beer.
- You’ll have more fruit puree than you need for 2 cocktails, so a bottle of prosecco and a six pack of the grapefruit beer will go a long way.
- Serving Size: 2