These wings are deep fried and tossed in an amazing homemade whiskey glaze. An easy chicken wings recipe that’s so addicting there won’t be any left!
- 3 lbs. chicken wings, separated
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons BBQ Dry Rub (Store bought or use OUR RECIPE!)
- Kosher salt to taste
- Vegetable or canola oil for frying
For the Whiskey Glaze
- 6 cloves of garlic, grated with a hand grater or chopped very fine
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup pineapple juice
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1/2 cup whiskey
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch mixed with 1 1/2 tablespoons of water
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Season the wings generously with 1/4 cup of the dry rub seasoning. Our recipe has salt in it but if you’re using store bought you might want to add salt as well.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until browned.
- While the wings are in the oven you can start the glaze. Heat the oil in a small pan and cook the garlic for 30 seconds, careful not to let it burn.
- Carefully add the whiskey and let it reduce for 2 minutes.
- Next add the rest of the glaze ingredients (except the cornstarch mixture) and cook, simmering for 10 minutes.
- Pour in the cornstarch mixture to thicken the glaze. Bring to a boil and cook for another 10 minutes, then cover to keep warm and set aside.
- Heat a large pot filled only halfway with oil over medium heat. Combine the flour and the remaining 2 tablespoons of the dry rub seasoning in a large bowl. Coat the wings in the flour, shaking off the excess and place them on a board until the oil is ready.
- Once the oil temperature reaches 350º, fry the wings for 2-3 minutes until the coating is light brown in color and crispy.
- Toss the wings in the whiskey glaze and serve immediately.
If you don’t have a thermometer for the oil, stick the handle of a wooden spoon in the oil. If it bubbles then your oil is ready.
Alternately, if you don’t want to fry, you can stop after the wings have been baked, skip the flour coating and just toss them in the whiskey glaze and serve.
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chicken wing recipe, fried chicken wings recipe, crispy chicken wings, easy chicken wings recipe, whiskey glaze, how to fry chicken wings