These crispy, oven baked chicken wings are so addicting, even without sauce! But feel free to add sauce if you like, or serve it on the side for dipping!
- 5 pounds chicken wings, tips removed and separated at the joint
- 1 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons – 1 tablespoon cumin (depending on your taste, we use 1 tablespoon)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Place a cooking rack over a baking sheet and spray it with non-stick spray.
- Mix the ingredients together for the dry rub in a small bowl and set aside.
- Add the chicken wings in a single layer to the cooking rack, if they are touching that’s ok, just not on top of each other. Generously add the dry rub mixture to the tops of the wings, rubbing in so they seasoning doesn’t fall off. You might not use all of the dry rub, so add it as you go. The dry rub can be saved in a plastic container for another use.
- Bake the chicken wings at 425 degrees for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, turn the the temperature up to 450 degrees and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately with or without BBQ sauce on the side.
To reheat these chicken wings, spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray and place the chicken wings directly on the baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chicken wing recipe, baked chicken wings, appetizers, easy chicken recipes, dinner recipes, bbq chicken, dry rub recipe, spice rub recipe, low carb recipe