This Taco Salad is perfect for a twist on taco night! Top this salad with our creamy Salsa Dressing and you’ve got a restaurant worthy meal!
For the Chicken
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
For the Salad
- 2 heads of romaine lettuce, washed and chopped (or you can grab 2 – 12 oz. bags of romaine)
- 1 can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups shredded cheddar or jack cheese
- 2 avocados, diced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, diced
- 1 recipe of Easy Creamy Salsa Dressing
- Tortilla chips
- Fresh cilantro for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix the seasonings together in a small bowl, then season both side of the chicken.
- Drizzle with the olive oil and bake for 15 minutes, turning halfway through cooking time.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and let cool while you assemble the salad.
- You can either assemble the salad in a large bowl with all of the toppings, toss with the dressing and serve or place the romaine in 4 bowls and let everyone choose their own toppings.
- Pour the dressing over the top of the salad, and chop up with a fork and knife, tossing all of the ingredients together with the dressing.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American / Tex-Mex
Keywords: salad recipe, chopped salad, taco salad, dinner ideas, dinner recipes, easy chicken recipes, dressing recipe