Chicken Souvlaki is a fun and healthy dinner recipe that the whole family will love! Grilled, marinated chicken kabobs top warm pita bread with vegetables and tzatzikki sauce!
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh black pepper to taste
- Pita Bread
- Red Onions
- Romaine or Iceberg Lettuce
- Tzatziki Sauce
- Start by cutting the chicken into large cubes. Add to a dish or a resealable bag along with the olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, garlic, salt and pepper. Marinate the chicken for 4-6 hours.
- If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for at least 30 minutes before grilling. After the chicken has marinated, remove the chicken from the marinade and thread onto the skewers. Grill over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side until the chicken is cooked through. You can skip this step if you don’t have a grill available and cook the chicken in a skillet too.
- While the chicken is grilling, wrap pita bread in aluminum foil and place it in the oven at 325 degrees. When the chicken is ready, add the skewers to a platter and get ready to assemble the chicken souvlaki!
- Add a bed of shredded lettuce to a warm pita bread and top with a spoonful or two of tzatziki sauce. Add a few pieces of the chicken along with sliced tomatoes and sliced red onion.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mantitlement, easy chicken recipes, grilling recipes, grilled chicken, chicken kabobs,