In this Easy Wonton Soup, we used store bought frozen chicken dumplings and added lots of fresh vegetables to make this soup recipe a healthy lunch or dinner!
- Drizzle of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger or ginger paste
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 12 ounce package frozen chicken wontons
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach (optional)
- Add a drizzle of oil to a soup pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Cook the garlic and ginger for 1 minute and then add the chicken broth, soy sauce, shredded carrots and scallions to the pot.
- Bring the soup to a simmer and then add the frozen wontons. Let the soup simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- Add the fresh spinach, if using, and stir to wilt into the soup.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove Top / Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mantitlement, easy recipes, wonton soup, make ahead meals, healthy recipes