This Western Hash Brown Casserole is a great way to use up leftover ham! Peppers, onions, mushrooms and cheese make this breakfast casserole delicious and filling!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups red and green peppers, diced
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 2 cups mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 12 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Fresh black pepper to taste
- 1 cup whole milk or cream
- 5 cups frozen hash browns
- 3 cups cooked, diced ham
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Add the oil to a skillet along with the mushrooms, onions and peppers. Cook for 8-10 minutes while stirring until the vegetables have softened and the mushrooms are browned.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and let the vegetables cool.
- Whisk the eggs in a large bowl then add the salt, pepper, milk, hash browns, ham and 1 1/2 cup of the cheese. Mix the filling together to combine.
- Spray a 9″ x 13″ baking dish with non-stick cooking spray, then pour in the egg filling along with the cooked vegetables. Add the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese to the top of the casserole.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until the eggs have set. Slice into squares and serve.
- Category: Breakfast/Brunch
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: frozen hash browns, hash brown casserole, egg recipes, leftover ham recipe, casserole recipe, hash brown breakfast casserole, easy casserole recipe