These egg filled potatoes are going to be a brunch hit!
- 3 large russet potatoes
- 6 eggs
- 4 slices of cooked bacon, crumbled
- 4 scallions, chopped finely
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- olive oil, salt and pepper for seasoning the potatoes
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash the potatoes and season them with salt, pepper and rub them with olive oil. Wrap the potatoes in foil and bake for 45 minutes to an hour until soft.
- Carefully unwrap the potatoes, let cool a few minutes, then cut lengthwise in half.
- Scoop out most of the potato, leaving a border around the edges and place in a large bowl.
- Season the potato skins with salt and pepper.
- Mash the insides of the potatoes with a potato masher or press through a ricer. Add the milk, cheese, scallions and chopped bacon and the salt and pepper.
- Mix well to combine, then divide the filling evenly into the 6 potato halves.
- Make a hole in the center of the filling with the back of a spoon, large enough to hold the egg.
- Crack one egg into each well, don’t worry if some spills over, and carefully place in the oven to bake.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until the white of the egg is set.
- If you like a runny yolk, serve these immediately. If you like a more firm yolk, you can let them sit for a few minutes or up to 15 at room temperature.
- Serving Size: 6
- Category: Breakfast / Brunch
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: twice baked potatoes, baked potatoes, brunch recipes, breakfast recipes