What can be more satisfying than a perfect Tuna Salad Sandwich Recipe? Add on the toppings that you like, piled on bread or a roll for lunch or a light dinner!
- 4 cans white albacore tuna fish, drained
- 1/4 cup finely diced onion
- 1/2 cup finely diced celery
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh black pepper to taste
- 2 slices bread of choice or roll
- 2 slices tomato
- Add the tuna fish to a bowl and flake with a fork. Add the onion, celery, mayonnaise, mustard, salt and pepper to the bowl and mix to combine with the tuna. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes. If you don’t have time for this step, you can skip it but chilling the tuna salad will give it more flavor.
- Assemble the sandwich by adding about 1/2 cup of the tuna salad to a slice of bread or a roll. Top with two slices of tomato and follow with lettuce. If desired, spread the top of the bun or the second piece of bread with an additional slather of mayonnaise before adding to the top of the sandwich.
- Serve immediately.
Store: Store leftover tuna salad in a container or in a bowl covered tightly with plastic wrap. The tuna salad will keep in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. We prefer using tuna salad up with in the first 3 days for the best flavor.
Nutrition information below is for the tuna salad alone, not bread or toppings since those will vary.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stir
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mantitlement, tuna fish, tuna salad recipe, sandwich recipe, seafood recipes, recipes with canned tuna, lunch recipes