These fun nachos are made with Fritos instead of tortilla chips! Perfect for sharing with friends or for serving at parties!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 10 oz. diced tomatos, drained
- 4.25 ounce can green chilies
- 1 lb. bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 15.5 ounce can black beans
- 2 – 9.25 ounce bags Fritos Scoops
- 6 cups shredded cheddar or jack cheese (or a combination)
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped (for garnish)
- 1 2.25 ounce can sliced olives (for garnish)
- Sour cream and guacamole for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Start by browning the beef in a large skillet with the olive oil. Once the meat is browned, add the taco seasoning, salt, pepper and garlic powder and then stir to combine.
- Pour in the diced tomatoes and green chilies, stir to combine and remove from the heat.
- Place a high sided springform pan onto a baking sheet lined with foil, and then add a layer of Fritos to cover the bottom completely.
- Next add a layer of the beef, a layer of cheese, some of the olives, black beans and bacon, then more cheese.
- Now another layer of Fritos and repeat the toppings, ending with a layer of cheese to stick to the next Fritos layer. The top layer is Fritos, then cheese.
- Press down slightly on the filling before putting it into the oven.
- Cook for 20 minutes until the cheese is melted. If the top starts to get too brown you can cover it with foil until it’s ready.
- Let cool for a few minutes until you can handle the mold to remove it. You might have to get a knife around the edges to loosen it up then lift it straight off the top.
- Garnish with scallions, olives, sour cream and guacamole
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American / Tex-Mex
Keywords: nacho recipe, appetizers, frito nachos, party appetizers, ground beef recipes