This Asian inspired pulled pork recipe is great for serving at parties!
For the Pork Butt:
- 4–5 pound pork butt
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 t. cumin
- 1/2 cup beer
- 1 cup chicken broth
For the Peanut Sauce:
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 up. light coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
For the Asian Slaw
- 16 oz. bag coleslaw mix
- 2 scallions
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 4 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 10 hamburger buns
- Mix the salt, pepper, garlic powder and cumin together in a small bowl.
- Rub the mixture all over the pork butt covering all sides and place the pork butt in a 6-7 quart slow cooker. Add the beer and chicken broth to the slow cooker and set to low for 8 hours.
- After 8 hours, remove the pork butt to a platter to cool.
- Shred the pork into bite sized pieces, removing any visible fat. Add in some of the juice from the slow moisten the pork and place in a bowl, covered with foil to keep warm. You can also add the pork back to the slow cooker to keep warm if serving for a party.
- Combine the ingredients for the coleslaw in a bowl and mix together.
- In another bowl, mix the ingredients for the peanut sauce together until smooth.
- To serve, add the shredded pork to a hamburger bun, top with a drizzle of the peanut sauce and some of the asian slaw.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: slow cooker recipe, crock pot recipe, slow cooker pulled pork, pork recipe, pulled pork recipe, peanut sauce recipe