This sausage and green chili quiche is perfect for brunch or a fun Sunday breakfast!
- 1 (9 oz. bag) tortilla chips
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3/4 lb. pork sausage (spicy or sweet)
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 (4.5 oz.) can of green chillies, drained
- 10 eggs
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 t. black pepper
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated (can substitute Pepper Jack or a Mexican Blend)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Add the tortilla chips to a food processor and pulse until the crumbs are fine like breadcrumbs. Measure out 2 cups of crumbs and leave the rest of the crumbs for topping the quiche .
- Mix the melted butter, sugar and the 2 cups of crumbs together in a bowl and then press into the bottom of a spring form pan. Bake for 10 minutes until the crust is golden brown. Remove from the oven to cool.
- In a large skillet, brown the onion for 5 minutes, then add the sausage and cook until brown. Drain any drippings from the pan, then add the green chilis and stir to combine.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs together with the cheese, sour cream, salt, pepper and taco seasoning.
- Pour the filling into the tortilla crust then add the sausage mixture. Place the pan on a baking sheet and bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool 5 minutes, then run a knife around the edge of the quiche to loosen it from the sides of the pan. Carefully loosen the spring and remove the quiche.
- Top with the extra tortilla crumbs and serve with guacamole and sour cream on the side.
- Category: Breakfast / Brunch
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: quiche recipe, breakfast recipe, brunch recipe, sausage recipes, tex-mex recipes