This mouth-watering turkey meatloaf is juicy, tender, and packed with flavor. Plus, it’s covered in bacon!
- 3 lbs. ground turkey, not extra lean
- 1 pound bacon cooked and crumbled, reserving 2 tablespoons of bacon grease
- 1 1/2 cup diced onions
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cups bread crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
For The Glaze:
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce (your favorite kind)
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook the bacon in a large skillet until crisp, reserving 2 tablespoons of the bacon grease.
- Add the onions to the same skillet with the bacon grease and cook over medium heat until the onions are soft, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth, soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce and cook for 5 minutes until the liquid has reduced. Stir in the tomato paste then turn the pan off to cool.
- In a large bowl add the turkey, 3/4 of the crumbled bacon (you’ll need 1/4 of the bacon to top the meatloaf after cooking), bread crumbs, cheese, egg, mayonnaise, salt and pepper. Add the cooled onions and sauce from the skillet and mix well to combine.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper (if using foil you’ll need to spray with cooking spray) then form the meatloaf in the center of the sheet. I made my meatloaf about 12 inches long, 5 inches cross and 3 inches high. Bake for 45-50 minutes, uncovered.
- While the meatloaf is cooking, whisk together the sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
- Remove the meatloaf from the oven and baste heavily with the sauce, then return to the oven and cook another 15 minutes.
- You can baste the meatloaf once more with the sauce after it comes out of the oven, or serve any extra sauce on the side.
- Top with the remaining crumbled bacon and serve.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: turkey meatloaf, turkey meatloaf recipe, ground turkey meatloaf, turkey loaf recipe, ground turkey meatloaf recipe