Sweet Cornbread is so moist and addicting. This sweet cornbread recipe is a perfect side dish for chili, pulled pork or a holiday ham dinner!
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9″ x 9″ baking pan with butter and set aside.
- Add the cornmeal, flour, baking soda and salt to a large bowl and whisk together to combine. To another bowl, add the melted butter, both brown and white sugars, the honey, egg and buttermilk. Whisk together until smooth and then pour over the dry ingredients in the first bowl. Whisk together, making sure all the dry and wet ingredients are combined.
- Pour the batter into the greased pan and smooth out the top. Bake for 40-45 minutes. Use a toothpick to test the center of the cornbread to see if it comes out clean, then remove from the oven.
- Let the cornbread cool and then cut into squares. Top with butter and serve.
You can use an 8″ x 8″ pan, too. The cooking time might vary a few minutes, just check the center with a toothpick until it comes out clean.
If you find that the top of the cornbread is getting too dark before the center is cooked through, just cover the dish with aluminum foil until the end of the cooking time.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mantitlement, cornbread recipe, sweet cornbread, thanksgiving sides, holiday sides, easy recipes, breakfast recipes