This Spicy Beef Tostada recipe is an easy way to do a Tex-Mex night at home! Crispy tortilla shells are topped with seasoned ground beef, refried beans and a fresh crunch from veggies!
- 1 batch homemade taco meat recipe
- 6 flour or corn tortillas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (plus more if needed)
- 15 ounce can of refried beans, fat free or regular
Toppings For Toastadas:
- Arugula or shredded lettuce
- Sliced radishes
- Cotija cheese
- Habanero or jalapeño peppers
- See post for more topping ideas!
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Make the taco meat and set aside.
- Place the tortillas on a baking sheet in a single layer, use two baking sheets if needed. Poke the tortillas all over with a fork so they don’t bubble up in the oven. Brush lightly with oil and bake for 2-3 minutes until the edges of the tortilla start to brown. Remove from the oven, flip the tortillas over and brush the second side lightly with oil. Bake for another 2 minutes until brown and crispy. Alternately, you can spray the tortillas with avocado or canola oil spray.
- Spread a layer of the beans on each tortilla, followed by a layer of the beef.
- Top the tostadas with desired toppings and serve.
To Make Tostadas In The Air Fryer: Poke the tortillas all over with a fork. Spray both sides of the tortilla with an oil based cooking spray. Cook in a single layer in your air fryer at 400 degrees for 5 minutes, flipping halfway through cooking time.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven / Stovetop
- Cuisine: Mexican