Try these Slow Cooker Turkey Mole Tacos for a twist on taco night. Super easy to make and the homemade mole sauce really makes this recipe a keeper!
- 2 1/2 pound turkey breast (skinless or remove the skin before cooking)
- 12 flour tortillas
- 1 large red onion, sliced thin
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 bunch of cilantro
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- Place the turkey breast into a slow cooker.
- Mix the sauce ingredients together in a bowl with a whisk until blended, then pour over the turkey.
- Turn the turkey to coat in the sauce then cover and set the slow cooker on low for 8 hours.
- Remove the turkey breast from the slow cooker and place on a board to cool.
- Shred the turkey with two large forks into large, bite sized pieces and place in a large bowl.
- Add a cup of sauce at a time to the shredded turkey, tossing to coat in the sauce. Add as much sauce as you like to the turkey, depending on your taste. *See note*
- Serve the turkey in flour tortillas, topped with the onion slices, chopped tomatoes and cilantro.
To take some of the spiciness out of the red onion, add the slices to a bowl of ice water for 10 minutes. Drain and dry well.
If you’re making this taco recipe with kids in mind, an option is to shred some of the turkey and leave it as is before tossing it in more sauce.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American/Tex Mex
Keywords: easy taco recipe, slow cooker tacos, turkey tacos, crockpot tacos, slow cooker recipe, crockpot recipe, easy dinner recipe, mole sauce, taco night