This easy, crock pot chicken recipe cooks in just 4 hours! Serve this Mongolian Chicken with steamed broccoli and rice or noodles!
- 2 pounds chicken breast, sliced into 1/4 inch strips
- 1 large or 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
For the Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup teriyaki glaze
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon sriracha (or to taste)
- Sesame seeds
- Chopped scallions or chives
- Add the cornstarch into a plastic resealable bag. Place the sliced chicken in the bag and shake until the chicken is coated in the cornstarch. Add the chicken to a 6 quart slow cooker along with the sliced onions.
- Mix the ingredients together for the sauce and pour over the chicken and onions, toss to combine.
- Set the slow cooker on low and cook for 4 hours.
- After the 4 hours, stir the chicken and leave the lid off for 15 minute before serving. The sauce will thicken more as it sits.
- Serve with steamed broccoli and rice if desired.
This Mongolian Chicken is perfect with a side of steamed vegetables and or rice! Or keep it a more low carb dinner recipe and leave the rice out!
- Category: Dinner
- Method: slow cooker
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: mantitlement, slow cooker chicken, chicken recipes, mongolian chicken, slow cooker mongolian chicken, easy chicken recipe, dinner recipes, crock pot chicken, asian chicken