This Italian Beef recipe is so tender you hardly need a knife to eat it! Serve this shredded beef as is or piled on sub rolls!
- 3 1/2 – 4 pound rump roast or bottom roast
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh black pepper to taste
- 1 package Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 1 tablespoon beef base
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup beef consommé ( can substitute beef broth)
- 4 smashed garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup mild banana pepper rings with juice (about 2 tablespoons)
- Place the roast into the bottom of a 6-8 quart slow cooker.
- Season with salt, pepper and soup mix.
- Whisk the beef base, Worcestershire sauce and beef consommé together and then pour into the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Add the garlic cloves and banana peppers and their juices.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Remove the roast to a cutting board to cool. Once the beef is cool enough to handle, shred the meat discarding any fat and place back into the slow cooker and toss with the broth.
- Serve in sub rolls or eat as is with mashed potatoes or noodles on the side.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: slow cooker beef, slow cooker recipes, crock pot recipes, italian beef, crock pot pot roast, low carb recipe, dinner recipe