This slow cooker mashed potato recipe is the perfect side dish recipe for company!
- 5 lbs. russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 2 inch cubes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 lb. bacon, cooked until crispy and crumbled
- 2 cups Asiago or Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- Add the potatoes to a slow cooker along with the chicken stock, bay leaf, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 5.
- Mash to desired consistency, then stir in butter and sour cream and heavy cream.
- Add the bacon and cheese, stir and cover on the warm setting until ready to serve.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: slow cooker mashed potatoes, mashed potato recipe, slow cooker potato recipe, side dish recipe, potato sides