This low carb beef dinner is so full of flavor, it is sure to be a hit with the whole family!
- 1/2 cup pignoli nuts
- 1 large head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 1/4 – 1 1/2 lb. sirloin or strip steak, cut into large cubes
- 2 tablespoons of butter, divided
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 (8.5 ounce) jar sliced sun dried tomatoes, drained
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper for seasoning
- Add the pignoli nuts to a large, dry skillet and toast until lightly browned. Remove the nuts from the pan to cool.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the olive oil to the skillet, then add the cauliflower and season with salt and pepper. Cook the cauliflower for 5-7 minutes until tender and lightly browned, them remove the cauliflower to a plate.
- Melt the butter and the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil in the skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season steak generously with salt and pepper then add to the skillet in an even layer. Let the steak sear for 4-5 minutes before turning, then turn the beef and sear on the other side for another 4-5 minutes. Remove the steak from the pan to the plate with the cauliflower and cover with foil.
- Turn the heat down to medium, then add the onions and cook for 7-8 minutes until just tender and translucent.
- Add the garlic to the onions, stir and cook for one minute.
- Now add the beef and cauliflower back to the skillet, along with the sun dried tomatoes and the toasted pignoli nuts.
- Pour in the vinegar, stir and check for seasonings. Add salt and pepper to taste if needed.
- Top with parmesan cheese, chopped parsley and serve. * See note
For an extra crunch, place the skillet under the broiler for 2 minutes after adding the parmesan cheese.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: low carb dinner, low carb meal, beef, cauliflower, healthy recipe, healthy dinner, one skillet recipe, low carb recipe