This easy one pan chicken dinner is a family favorite! tender, braised chicken thighs in a delicious sauce with green beans and mushrooms all in one skillet!
- 10 oz. mushrooms, sliced thick
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 8 ounces green beans, washed and trimmed
- 2 lbs. chicken thighs (with bone and skin)
- 1/2 cup flour
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch mixed with 2 teaspoons water
- 6 tablespoons butter
- Heat a large cast iron skillet (or your largest skillet) over medium heat.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the butter, melt, then add the mushrooms, salt and pepper. Stir to coat in the butter and brown for 6-8 minutes, stirring often, then remove from the pan.
- Add another tablespoon of butter to the skillet, let melt then add the green beans. Stir to coat in the butter and cook down slightly, about 2-3 minutes, then remove from the pan.
- Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper to taste, then dredge in flour on both sides, shaking off the excess.
- Add the remaining butter to the skillet, melt, then add the chicken thighs skin side down. Brown for 4-5 minutes until the skin is browned and releases easily from the pan.
- Flip the chicken over and brown on the other side for 3-4 minutes, then remove from the pan.
- Pour in the chicken broth, whisking to remove anything stuck to the bottom of the skillet. Add the dijon, Worcestershire sauce and heavy cream and stir.
- Let the sauce come to a boil, then add the cornstarch mixture, whisk and bring back to a boil to thicken.
- Place the chicken thighs back into the skillet, then add the mushrooms and green beans.
- Let simmer on medium-low heat for 15 minutes and serve.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: easy chicken recipe, chicken thigh recipe, one pan dinner, one skillet dinner, dinner recipes, braised chicken