These Shredded Chicken Parmesan Sandwiches are perfect for busy nights or parties! The slow cooker does all the work and you can make the chicken ahead of time!
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 24 ounce jar marinara sauce
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 10 small hamburger buns, split and toasted (see note*)
- 10 slices of mozzarella cheese
- Season the chicken breasts with the Italian seasoning, salt and garlic powder and place into a slow cooker.
- Pour the marinara sauce on top of the chicken, spreading out to coat the chicken. Set your slow cooker on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours or until the chicken is fork tender.
- When the chicken is tender, transfer to a board and shred with two forks. Add the shredded chicken back to the slow cooker along with the parmesan cheese. Stir to combine.
- Preheat the broiler. Place the bottoms of the toasted buns on a baking sheet. Use parchment paper or aluminum foil for easy clean up! Add the shredded chicken to the buns, topped with a slice of mozzarella cheese.
- Place the baking sheet under the broiler for 2 minutes, just to melt the cheese and get it toasty! Add the top buns and serve.
We used King’s Hawaiian sandwich buns which are on the smaller side, making about 10 sandwiches. A larger hamburger bun will make about 7-8 sandwiches and slider buns will make about 15.
Nutritional Information is for a whole sandwich, with the bun. With the cheese and no buns, this chicken recipe only has about 5 grams of carbohydrates, which can be reduced even more with a no sugar marinara sauce.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mantitlement, easy chicken recipes, chicken breast recipes, slow cooker chicken, low carb recipes, low carb chicken recipes, sandwich recipe