These Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan Sandwiches are an easy dinner for any night of the week! Perfect for meal prepping, game days or holidays!
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 24 ounce jar marinara sauce
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 10 hamburger buns, split and toasted (see note*)
- 10 slices of mozzarella cheese
- Season the chicken breasts with the Italian seasoning, salt and garlic powder and place into a slow cooker.
- Pour the marinara sauce on top of the chicken, spreading out to coat the chicken. Set your slow cooker on low for 7-8 hours or on high for3- 4 hours or until the chicken is fork tender.
- When the chicken is tender, transfer to a board and shred with two forks. Add the shredded chicken back to the slow cooker along with the parmesan cheese. Stir to combine.
- Preheat the broiler. Place the bottoms of the toasted buns on a baking sheet. Use parchment paper or aluminum foil for easy clean up. Add the shredded chicken to the buns, topped with a slice of mozzarella cheese.
- Place the baking sheet under the broiler for 2 minutes, just long enough to melt the cheese. Add the top buns and serve.
We used King’s Hawaiian sandwich buns which are on the smaller side, making about 10 sandwiches. A larger hamburger bun will make about 7-8 sandwiches and slider buns will make about 15.
Nutritional Information is for a whole sandwich, with the bun. With the cheese and no buns, this chicken recipe only has about 5 grams of carbohydrates, which can be reduced even more with a no sugar marinara sauce.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American