A baked, crispy shrimp appetizer that’s heavy on flavor and light on calories!
For the Shrimp Bites
- 1 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 egg white
- 2 scallions, chopped (green part and half of the white)
For the coating
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons black sesame seeds
For the Lemon Aioli
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Make sure your oven is really clean before cranking it up!
- Combine all the ingredients for the shrimp bites into a food processor. Pulse 3 or 4 times until well mixed but still slightly chunky.
- Mix the panko and sesame seeds together in a bowl.
- Roll the shrimp mixture into balls the size of golf balls then roll into the panko/sesame mixture until totally coated.
- Place on a baking sheet and repeat with the remaining shrimp mixture until you have about 24 shrimp bites.
- Bake for 15 minutes until the centers are firm and cooked through.
- While the shrimp bites are baking mix together the ingredients for the lemon aioli.
- Serve the shrimp bites with the lemon aioli on the side for dipping.
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: easy appetizers, low carb appetizers, shrimp recipes, healthy recipes, dinner ideas, low carb recipes